Saturday, January 8, 2011

Reputable Prosperity

       Reputation is an idle and most false imposition; oft got without merit and lost without deserving. ~ Iago in Othello

Huzzah another plan post! And this one not an hour before midnight to boot! Iago is perhaps the template for the motiveless villain, which all other great villains seek to follow. He's also quite masterful, though in a bit of crowd pleasing Shakes decided to make him fail in the end as well, alas.


 Sunday ~ Vagrant Story pt. 2
In this post I will discuss gameplay and the learning curve more in depth. Demon's Souls is of comparable difficulty I suppose but the design of this game is far superior and the curve is much longer. In Demon's Souls you really can just bash your head against the wall for hours and eventually succeed, doesn't work so well here.

Monday ~ Tribute to the Seattle Seahawks
The glorious Seahawks may well have won their way to the second round of the playoffs by the time of this post, but regardless these incredible champions deserve a great deal of recognition for their triumph in getting to the playoffs while failing to win 50% of their games. That kind of dedication and ability is extremely rare, and makes the playoffs that much more interesting. Can the 7-9 Seahawks reach .500 by the end of the postseason!? Time will tell.
Tuesday ~ The Town
Yet another good movie that came out this year. Ben Affleck is evidently good at directing despite only rarely showing any talent on screen. It might even get a Best Picture nomination, and for good reason. I think this movie is comparable to the Departed with one much stronger role and several weaker ones being the primary difference.
Wednesday ~ Suikoden 3
I'm not sure if I still have the save file for this game but if I do I may go back and fight the last boss since I recall that being a huge spike from the rest of the game in difficulty. Jeane actually has clothes in this game! Yay no excessive fanservice.

Thursday ~ National Championship Recap
The final BCS post of the year! Unfortunately I don't have much of a rooting interest in the game but I suppose I'll cheer for Oregon since Cam Newton's dad is a moron and the SEC is the devil. From what I've heard it won't even be broadcast on ABC but instead on ESPN, which is a huge ratings hit to say the least. Brilliant!
Friday ~ The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
The saga continues! This I'm actually looking forward to since I've only seen it a few times and it doesn't drag much even in the extended cut. Hurray for continuous massive battle scenes without too much gay hobbit crew. Also I believe they're taking the hobbits to Isengard is in this movie.

Random Favorite Song: Fight Test

Random Favorite Game Music: Brinstar

No comments:

Post a Comment